The Capital Stamp Show 2015 National Stamp Exhibition is being run by the Wellington Philatelic Society (an affiliated member of the NZPF) and will be held 23-25 October 2015 at the TSB Bank Arena, Wellington under the patronage of the New Zealand Philatelic Federation Inc (NZPF). It is governed by the “Approved Regulations for New Zealand National Philatelic Exhibitions” of the NZPF.
Please address all correspondence to:
Secretary,The Capital Stamp Show 2015, PO Box 2146, Wellington 6140, New Zealand
All overseas entrants must enter through their Commissioner.
1. Some key dates and times for The Capital Stamp Show 2015
|30 Jun||Entry forms plus title pages from prospective exhibitors|
|22 Aug||Advice from The Capital Stamp Show 2015 of exhibit acceptances|
|20 Oct||or such earlier date set by the commissioner, in the hands of each overseas commissioner|
|20 Oct||Entries sent by Courier must be with The Capital Stamp Show 2015|
|22 Oct||Entries delivered by hand must be with bin room manager by 10:00am Thursday|
|23 Oct||Exhibition opens 10:00am Friday – closes 5:00pm|
|24 Oct||Exhibition opens 10:00am Saturday – closes 5:00pm|
|24 Oct||Dockside Restaurant, Queens Wharf 6:30pm for 7:15pm start Saturday – Awards Dinner|
|25 Oct||Exhibition opens 10:00am Sunday – closes 4:00pm|
2. Overseas Commissioner/Judges
|Australia:||David Benson, Box 516, KELLYVILLE, NSW 2155. Email: email@example.com|
|Canada:||Charles J G Verge. Email: firstname.lastname@example.org|
|China:||Li Zhifei, Box 39, Xi Chang An Street Post Office, Beijing 100031. Email: email@example.com|
|Thailand:||Dr Pichai Buranasombati. Email: firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com|
|United Arab Emirates:||Commissioner to be advised. Emirates Philatelic Association, Post Box 33333, Dubai, UAE. Email: firstname.lastname@example.org|
|United States:||W Danforth Walker RDP, Florida. Email: email@example.com|
3. Classification of entries
DIVISION 1 Non-competitive and restricted competitive
|1.1||Court of Honour|
|1.2||Invited displays (non-competitive)|
|1.3||Jury class (competitive)|
DIVISION 2 FIP Qualifying Classes
|2.1||New Zealand or Australia|
|3.1||New Zealand or Australia|
|3.3||Marcophily (postal markings)|
|3.4||Historical, Social or Special Studies|
|5.1||Up to 15 years old as at 1 January 2015 – 1 to 3 frames|
|5.2||16 – 18 years old as at 1 January 2015 – 2 to 4 frames|
|5.3||19 – 21 years old as at 1 January 2015 – 3 to 5 frames|
DIVISION 3 Non-FIP Qualifying classes
|6.1||First Day Cover|
|6.3||Frugal (any discipline where the average cost of the exhibit is less than NZ$250.00 per frame)|
|6.4||Modern (any discipline primarily using material issued since 1985)|
|6.5||Adult Development class (NZ residents only) – see Regulation 27
|6.6||Youth developing exhibits
|7.1||Youth Development class, below 13 years of age as at 1 January 2015 (8 or 16 pages)|
|7.2||Youth Development class, 13-15 years as at 1 January 2015 (8 or 16 pages)|
|7.3||Youth Development class, 16-21 years as at 1 January 2015 (16 pages)|
|[The Youth Development class is restricted to new exhibitors or for previous exhibitors who have not previously received 65 points or more for any exhibit at a national exhibition.]|
|8.1||Entries not provided for elsewhere|
DIVISION 4 Postcards
|9.1||One or two frames|
|9.2||Three to eight frames|
4. Exhibition regulations
- The exhibit must be owned by the exhibitor. If the exhibit has been purchased as a complete exhibit, it must have been owned for at least 18 months prior to the exhibition and the exhibit must have been extensively revised.
- Entries in the Competitive Classes may be made by any person within New Zealand or overseas belonging to a Philatelic Society or Stamp Club affiliated to the NZPF, the Australian Philatelic Federation or to the FIP member of the other countries taking part in the Nations Challenge.
- In accordance with New Zealand Regulations, the minimum size of any entry shall be two frames (32 pages) with a maximum of eight frames (128 pages), except as noted in the list of classes.
- Frame fee will be NZ$35.00 per frame for all classes except:
- Youth entries which are NZ$10.00 per frame
- Youth development classes 7.1-7.3 are free
- Adult development class 6.5(b) [½-frame] are free
- Each frame consists of four rows of four pages and allows for pages including protectors not to exceed 29 cm in height and 23 cm in width. Double width pages are accepted as necessary. Exhibits with larger pages (particularly height) may be disadvantaged and the exhibit may only be partially displayed in the frames.
- All exhibits should be on white or light-coloured pages. The pages are to be contained in clear, close fitting exhibition protectors with the page totally contained. Photocopies or scans of a complete cover, stamp or other item must be at least 25% different in size from the original and, where this is necessary, identified as a copy.
- Each page shall show the exhibitors name on the reverse and each page should be numbered, on the front in the bottom right corner, sequentially in the order that they are to be mounted.
- Expertisation certificates must be attached to the reverse of relevant pages.
- An exhibitor shall not submit more than one entry in any class, unless the entry is substantially different in content and is not the continuation of another entry.
- An exhibitor may enter an exhibit under a pseudonym but the secretary of the exhibition must be notified of the true identity of the exhibitor.
- Entries shall not carry any indication as to price or value of any items contained therein.
- Members of the Jury, Apprentice Judges, Jury Secretary and NZPF co-ordinator may only enter the Jury Class. Entries in the Jury Class will be judged in the normal way by a separate panel of judges and Awards will be made but entries will NOT be eligible for Special Prizes. The Chairman of the Jury and the Chairman of the Organising Committee must not enter any competitive class.
- The completed Entry Forms with a copy of the title page must reach the Exhibition Secretary, NO LATER THAN 30 June 2015. A synopsis, of no more than two pages, may also be sent.
- The Exhibition Committee reserves the right to limit the number of entries and the number of frames allocated to an entry for this exhibition. The right is also reserved to reject any entry without assigning any reason for such a decision.
- Exhibitors will be advised by 22 August 2015 that their entry has been accepted, reduced in frame numbers or rejected in accordance with Rule 14.
- Once an exhibitor has been notified of acceptance and paid the entry fee, the exhibitor is obligated to provide the agreed entry. Failure to produce an entry renders a defaulting exhibitor liable (at the discretion of the NZPF) to disqualification from future National and International Exhibitions for up to 5 years.
- Competitive entries may only be delivered by courier (signature required) or by hand (by the exhibitor, their agent or by a Commissioner).Exhibits sent by courier should be sent to The Capital Stamp Show 2015 and must be in the hands of the Exhibition Committee by Tuesday 20 October 2015.Hand delivered exhibits, including those exhibits being carried by Commissioners, must be received by the Bin Room Manager at the Exhibition venue before 10:00am on Thursday 22 October 2015.All Australian and other overseas entry forms and entry fees must go through the Commissioner appointed by the relevant national FIP member.
- All reasonable care will be taken by The Capital Stamp Show 2015, its Exhibition Committee and its representatives to protect the property of exhibitors, but the insurance of an exhibitor’s property during transits, within the exhibition or otherwise, is solely the responsibility of the exhibitor.
The Capital Stamp Show 2015, its Exhibition Committee and its representatives shall not be responsible for any loss or damage to an exhibit in whole or in part, howsoever caused, and the Exhibitor’s signature on The Capital Stamp Show 2015 entry form indicates acceptance by the Exhibitor of this Regulation.
- The Exhibition Committee or Jury reserve the right to transfer any entry to another Class if in their opinion it is incorrectly placed, or where it may receive a higher award.
- Judging will be carried out on the material as presented in the frames. The NZPF Standard Exhibition Judging Sheets will be used to evaluate each exhibit. A copy of the Judging Sheet will be supplied to the entrant.
- The Jury will, after the evaluation of an exhibit, make one of the following awards:
- All adult classes of one or more frames will receive medals
- Youth exhibits in classes 5.1 -5.3 will receive medals.
- Adult development 8-page, Youth development will receive certificates.
In addition, there will be a Grand Award (presented by NZ Post), a Runner-up to the Grand Award, the NZPF Federation Cup (for 3-8 frames) and NZPF One-Frame Tray (both of which may be awarded to a first or second-time New Zealand resident exhibitor for a philatelic exhibit), the Marcel Stanley Trophy (for adult development 2- or 3-frame), the Banfield Cup (for adult development ½- frame), Len Jury medals for first time adult exhibitors and other special prizes awarded at the discretion of the Chairman of the Jury after consultation with the Jurors.
IN ALL CASES THE DECISIONS OF THE CHAIRMAN OF JURY WILL BE FINAL,
NO DISCUSSION OR CORRESPONDENCE WILL BE ENTERED INTO.
- All exhibits will be returned as soon as is practicable after the Exhibition. Entries may be uplifted by exhibitors or their duly authorised agent notified in writing, at approximately 6:00pm on Sunday 25 October at the Exhibition venue after all frames have been dismounted.
- The Exhibition Committee may, from time to time, provide rules to cover any other matter, which may be required, and its decision is final on all matters.
- The exhibitor’s signature on The Capital Stamp Show 2015 Entry form indicates acceptance of all regulations laid down by the Exhibition Committee in this prospectus.
- These Exhibition Regulations for The Capital Stamp Show 2015 are prepared to conform to the rules and regulations for New Zealand National Philatelic Exhibitions as laid down by the NZPF.
- Exhibits not conforming to these regulations may not be judged or displayed.
- Adult Development Class: This class is to encourage New Zealand residents to exhibit:
Class 6.7(a) 1 or 2 frames – for exhibitors who have not previously been awarded 70 points or more for any one frame or multi frame entry at a National exhibition.
Class 6.7(b) 8 pages for new exhibitors at a National exhibition – NO entry fee (for this class NZPF has also waived its levy of $6.00 per frame). Exhibitors will receive a written critique and a certificate.