The New Zealand Philatelic Federation sees exhibitions as a suitable opportunity to promote the hobby, demonstrating to all, its cultural and educational values …
Article 1, NZPF Approved Regulations for National Exhibitions
This section deals with exhibitions at a national and international level. However, all exhibitors must start somewhere and competitions within their own club and between clubs are an excellent way to do this. Even if a person does not want to progress beyond that level they will find that exhibiting or displaying their material can be fun (indeed it should be), they develop a greater understanding of philately in general and their own subject in particular, and they can give pleasure and knowledge to those people who are able to see the display.
Information about club and inter-club competitions can be found at club competitions.
Upcoming exhibitions – New Zealand
There is generally one National exhibition in New Zealand each year.
- Royalpex 2021, 10-12 September, Palmerston North Conference and Function Centre, 354 Main Street, Palmerston North 4410. Note this is a change of venue from that previously advised.
- 17th NZ National Philatelic Literature Exhibition, 21 November 2021, Philatelic Centre, Mandeville Street, Christchurch.
- WPS100, 15-17 July 2022, Te Rauparaha Event Centre, Porirua, Wellington.
Upcoming exhibitions – Australia and International
- Philanippon 2021 (FIP) 25-30 August, Commissioner Mark Benvie
- Newcastle 2021 (Australian Half-National) 22- 24 October 2020. Commissioner Lindsay Chitty
- London 2022 (FIP) 19-26 February 2022, Commissioner David Loe.
- Canberra 2022 (Australian half National) 18-20 March 2022, Commissioner Karen Jeffrey
- Hunphilex 2022 (FIP Specialised) 31 March – 3 April 2022, Budapest, Hungary, Commissioner Ross Marshall
- Taipei 2022 (FIAP) 6-10 May 2022, Commissioner Bob Gibson
- Helvetia 2022 (FIP) 18-22 May 2022, Lugano, Switzerland
- CAPEX 2022 (FIFA, FIP recognition 1-frame) 9-12 Jun, Toronto, Commissioner Stephen Chivers
- Indonesia 2022 (FIP Specialised) 4-9 August 2022 Commissioner Norman Banfield
- Melbourne 2022 (FIAP) 8-11 September 2022, Commissioner Tim Beach
- Capetown 2022 (FIP} 8-12 November 2022, Commissioner David Loe.
- NZ2023 (FIAP) 16-19 March 2023, Auckland
- iBRA 2023 (FIP) 25-28 May 2023, Essen, Germany. Commissioner Stephen Chivers
- Perth (Australian National) 2023 date TBA
Results at Exhibitions
The results for:
- National Exhibitions since Timpex 2009
- all of the NZ National Philatelic Literature Exhibitions since their inception in 1987
- of New Zealanders who have exhibited at International and selected overseas exhibitions since 2015
can be found at Exhibition results.
Holding an exhibition
Detailed Information about running a New Zealand National exhibition, the criteria for judges and rules for judging can be found on this site:
- Exhibition administration provides the rules involved in running an exhibition and administration detail
- Judges details the list of qualified New Zealand judges and criteria for becoming and remaining a judge
- Judging has the regulations and guidelines used in judging exhibits.
Information retained on this website about past national exhibitions can be found at previous national exhibitions. This information is retained as an archival record that hopefully will be of value to organising committees of future exhibitions.
Guidelines for Commissioners
NZPF appoints a Commissioner for most overseas exhibitions to garner exhibits from New Zealand exhibitors and transport the exhibits to and from the exhibition. The duties and responsibilities of Commissioners are found in these Guidelines for NZ Commissioners.