The New Zealand Philatelic Federation sees exhibitions as a suitable opportunity to promote the hobby, demonstrating to all, its cultural and educational values …
Article 1, NZPF Approved Regulations for National Exhibitions
This section deals with exhibitions at a national and international level. However, all exhibitors must start somewhere and competitions within their own club and between clubs are an excellent way to do this. Even if a person does not want to progress beyond that level they will find that exhibiting or displaying their material can be fun (indeed it should be), they develop a greater understanding of philately in general and their own subject in particular, and they can give pleasure and knowledge to those people who are able to see the display.
Information about club and inter-club competitions can be found at club competitions.
Upcoming exhibitions – New Zealand
There is generally one National exhibition in New Zealand each year.
- WPS100, 11-13 November 2022, Te Rauparaha Event Centre, Porirua, Wellington. Please note this is a change of date.
Upcoming exhibitions – Australia and International
- NZ2023 (FIAP) 4-7 May 2023, Auckland
- iBRA 2023 (FIP) 25-28 May 2023, Essen, Germany. Commissioner Stephen Chivers
- Taipei 2023 (FIAP) 11-15 August 2023, Commissioner Mark Benvie
- Perth 2023 (Australian National) 2-5 November 2023, Gloucester Park, Perth
- Thailand 2023 (FIP) 23-28 Nov 2023
- Melbourne 2024 (FIAP) Mar/APR 2024, Commissioner Tim Beach
- Philakorea 2024 (FIP) 15-19 August, Seoul
Results at Exhibitions
The results for:
- National Exhibitions since Timpex 2009
- all of the NZ National Philatelic Literature Exhibitions since their inception in 1987
- of New Zealanders who have exhibited at International and selected overseas exhibitions since 2015
can be found at Exhibition results.
Holding an exhibition
Detailed Information about running a New Zealand National exhibition, the criteria for judges and rules for judging can be found on this site:
- Exhibition administration provides the rules involved in running an exhibition and administration detail
- Judges details the list of qualified New Zealand judges and criteria for becoming and remaining a judge
- Judging has the regulations and guidelines used in judging exhibits.
Information retained on this website about past national exhibitions can be found at previous national exhibitions. This information is retained as an archival record that hopefully will be of value to organising committees of future exhibitions.
Guidelines for Commissioners
NZPF appoints a Commissioner for most overseas exhibitions to garner exhibits from New Zealand exhibitors and transport the exhibits to and from the exhibition. The duties and responsibilities of Commissioners are found in these Guidelines for NZ Commissioners.