NZPF Northern Region established 1998
The Association does not have regular meetings but arranges infrequent, informal meetings, generally at national Exhibitions, and holds occasional seminars.
The Association objectives are to:
- establish judging standards and set procedures for judging philatelic exhibits,
- provide philatelic judging education and training,
- liaise with and provide assistance and guidance to NZPF on all matters related to judging,
- improve the standard, consistency and fairness of judging standards,
- provide guidance and assistance on judging and exhibiting methods and standards when requested, and
- encourage and advance the philately generally.
Calendar of EventsNo upcoming events found - please check back soon.
Club activities and services
A newsletter Philatelic Judges Forum is published three times a year to keep members informed about judging matters within New Zealand and internationally and also to provide a forum for discussion.
One of the main purposes of the Association is in the area of judging education. At regular intervals the Association plans running judging workshops. These are seen as an essential means by which judges can maintain their skills and knowledge. Some workshops will not be exclusively for judges. Exhibitors, who wish to understand more of the judging process, may also be welcome.
Membership is open to all judges and apprentices approved by NZPF (full membership) and to others interested – both individuals and societies (associate members). Please contact the Secretary.