NZPF Central Region established 1921
Second Tuesday of each month (except January) at 7:30pm at Art Society Rooms, Trafalgar Place (off Ridgway Street), Wanganui. [Through iron gates and the second building on the left.]
The society has a varied programme and also go on visits to different venues.
Visitors are always welcome. Please make yourselves known.
Calendar of events
The programme is subject to the impact of Covid on the availability of the speaker/s and attendance will be subject to whatever restrictions the society/club must apply. If you plan visiting, please contact the society/club prior to attending to determine any programme changes and conditions of attendance that might apply.
2022Jun 14 – Members - Other Hobbies Night; 1-page Ellott Trophy
Jul 12 – Stephen Jones 'First Day Covers'; 1-page Ellott Trophy
Aug 9 – Visit from Manawatu Philatelic Soc; Ellott Trophy
Sep 13 – Trevor Hall 'Rhodesia/Elephants'; Parnell Cup; Ellott Trophy
Oct 11 – Visit Solutions & Collectables, Hill Street; Ellott Trophy
Nov 8 – Jim Kirk 'Wanganui District Postmarks; Ellott Trophy
Dec 13 – Christmas meeting - Quiz, Supper; Pim Cup; Ellott trophy
2023Feb 14 – John Burface 'Captain Cook'; Ellott Trophy
Mar 14 – Members' philatelic book reviews; Foote Cup; Ellott Trophy
Apr 11 – Stephen Gray 'Early New Zealand'; Ellott trophy
Club activities and services
A newsletter is sent to members every two months.
The society has a library.
Throughout the year there are a range of 1-page, 4-page and 8-page competitions for club trophies.
- Ellott Trophy – 1-page from members’ collections. Competed for at each club meeting. Points toward the Mitchell Cup are awarded with 1st 3 points, 2nd 2 points, 3rd 1 point with members present voting for their favourite/s.
- Mitchell Cup – for the member who has consistently shown the most favoured results during the Ellott trophy competition over the year. Presented at the AGM.
- Foote Cup – 4-pages competed for in March.
- Parnell Cup – 8-pages competed for in September.
- Pim Cup – 16 pages (1-frame) competed for in December.
Junior Members No charge.