New Zealand Stamp Dealers Association (NZSDA)
New Zealand Stamp Dealers’ Association
PO Box 1836
|Phone: (09) 377 4009
The NZSDA has a website at www.nzsda.com which contains up-to-date information about dealers and the association. Details of stamp fairs and shows where NZSDA dealers will be present are also available on that site.
The NZSDA and its members are a critical element of the philatelic fraternity and Federation is pleased to be associated with them and with the third member of that fraternity, NZ Post, in a number of initiatives described elsewhere on this site, in particular:
- the NZ National Philatelic Trust which involves all three; and
- the Support Agreement for NZ National Philatelic Exhibitions between the NZSDA and NZPF.
Members of the NZSDA have agreed to abide by the Code of Ethics detailed below.
NZSDA Code of Ethics
- Members will maintain a high standard of professionalism and business ethics in all their dealings.
- Members will promote honesty and integrity in their dealings.
- In dealing with members of the public, any advice given will be to the best of the member’s ability.
- Members will refrain from dealing in stolen property and counterfeit material. Any philatelic forgeries offered for sale will be described as such. Any knowingly stolen material offered to them will be reported to the proper authorities.
- Members will not misrepresent any item or use misleading advertising.
- When offering material for sale by auction, postal bid sale or retail price list, members will publish or otherwise make available their terms and conditions of sale.
- Members will hold secure and intact any material sent to them, or left with them, for offer or opinion and will return such material to its owner on request.
- Members will advertise for sale only those items that are available from them at the time the advertisement is placed or make it quite clear that the goods advertised are subject to delivery.
- Members will not act in any way so as to bring discredit to the NZSDA or philately in general.
- Members will make a full refund, within a reasonable period of time following the transaction, on any item sold by that member where the description was either inaccurate or misleading.
- Members will support and abide by the rules of the NZSDA.
- In the event of any dispute to which a member is party the member agrees to abide by any ruling in connection with such dispute as set down by the Executive Committee of the NZSDA.